At Heath Street Health Centre, we are a dedicated and committed team providing individualised patient-centred diabetes care.
We are here to help support you with your journey, whether you have recently been diagnosed with diabetes or had diabetes for many years, whether you are “on top” of things or need help to get things under control!
Your annual diabetes review includes 9 key care processes that we need to document every year, which include:
- Blood test (HbA1c, kidney function, cholesterol)
- Blood pressure
- Weight and BMI check
- Retinopathy Screening
- Foot check
- Urine check
- Smoking status
Do you KNOW if you are up to date with your checks?
Do you KNOW if your results are in the target range to minimise long term risks?
Book your diabetes review by calling Heath Street Health Centre on 0121 389 1100!
- If you are unsure what you need to do, if you are ‘on target’ or if you have not yet had your annual diabetes review
- If you would like to know more about your medication or diabetes management, speak to our Clinical Pharmacist.
- For further information on structured education
- Weight loss/Increasing physical activity
- Stop smoking help
- If you have Type 1 Diabetes and would like to discuss Flash glucose monitoring technology. We can offer FreeStyle Libre 2 system to help manage your diabetes and replace routine finger prick testing. Contact our clinical pharmacist or practice nurse for further information.
- If you have been told you are at a high risk of developing diabetes or have ‘pre-diabetes’ let’s discuss Diabetes Prevention
Please see links below for further information and resources:
Diabetes UK – Know diabetes. Fight diabetes. | Diabetes UK
Diabetes Community, Support, Education, Recipes & Resources
Healthier You | Diabetes Prevention Programme (preventing-diabetes.co.uk)