Everybody living with diabetes should be able to have good quality conversations with their healthcare team, where you can discuss their individual needs and progress.
The Practice offers advice and support for those patients diagnosed as having Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
These clinic is led by our team of clinicians and nurses, who will invite you to attend regular reviews in order to assess your needs, as well as referral to the expert patient programme to aid lifestyle changes.
A diabetic review will include:
- A HbA1c test which checks your average blood sugar levels over the last three months.
- A blood pressure check, and cholesterol test to ensure your kidneys are in good working order.
- A review of your weight and BMI
- Eye screening test to check for signs of diabetic retinopathy, which is a complication of diabetes.
- A foot assessment to make sure you don’t have problems with nerves or circulation in your feet.
These review will help to prevent serious diabetic complications.
Contact the practice on 0121 389 1100 to book an appointment.